Monday, December 5, 2011

Contours Paintings, Mission Viejo Library Gallery...and me.

It's a busy time prior to Christmas and now especially for me to have an exhibition of my work.  I feel honored that the City of Mission Viejo Library invited me to stage a one-man exhibition.



Dru Maurer the Cultural Services Supervisor, staff lady Tina and I put up the pictures, repositioned most of the lighting points and the exhibition commenced on Friday 2nd. It continues until January 26th 2012.



After which 'extracts' of my 23 paintings will appear as panels by the city's roadside, to be displayed for four months from February 2012.


That in itself is an interesting project - finding suitable detail from my compositions that reflect the same dynamic as the original paintings.



All in all a satisfactory end to 2011. If there's any downside to the exhibition it's that it's in a library and since libraries like a quiet surround any 'ooohhs' and 'aaahhs' will have to be silent. But believe me, I can put up with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment