Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pacific West Maps - where 'Contours' begins.

The next stage of conquering the world with my ‘Contours’ conceptual abstract paintings has just begun.

That’s after the Mission Viejo Library gallery where my 2-month, one-man show displayed 23 of my acrylics on canvas and before the aforesaid paintings form the basis for the ‘Parkway Gallery' show on the Mission Viejo streets. Segments of 16 of those compositions will make up 32 panels on Crown Valley Parkway and Marguerite Parkway that will be on show for 4 months.

It’s unusual and I’m intrigued how much people or drivers-by will appreciate the splashes of color on the brick plinths in the center island of the separated highways.


Here am I with two panels - segments of Laguna Beach - with Linda at Concept Framing International, Laguna Hills, which is responsible for the presentation and I’m particularly pleased with the job it's done.

The ‘conquering’ part I referred to is at Pacific West Maps, 994 N Main Street, Orange. That’s where my journey into the unknown of the highs and lows of topography begins. Last weekend I collected a map for a future project and was particularly happy that the shop’s Brian wanted to display examples of my art. So all you hikers, bikers, campers, snowboarders, skateboarders, mining engineers, and other interested parties including hangliders & paragliders who are curious about the terrain you’re interested in – my colorful interpretations  (prints) are up on the wall and  modestly priced.

I know that they are effective – shoppers from Costa Mesa immediately noticed Newport Beach and others saw the shapes of Malibu, Beverly Hills and Coachella Valley.

Do you recognize them in the photo? Those on show are all signed, limited-edition Giclée (high quality) prints. And the flare on my wife’s photo, if nothing else, proves there’s glass in the frames!


No comments:

Post a Comment